Terms and Conditions
Notice of Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
Our business registration number is E5236.
We are not required to carry a performance bond under the Maryland Health Club Services law because we do not accept more than three months payments in advance and we do not charge initiation fees.
As required under Maryland Law, you may cancel this contract without penalty or further obligation within three (3) days from the date of this agreement. Notice of Cancellation must be in writing and must be sent by Certified Mail or hand-delivered to KenZen-Do, L.L.C, 5550 Friendship Boulevard, Suite T-200, Chevy Chase, MD 20815. You are entitled to a full refund of the first month’s payment received if cancellation is received within three (3) business days.
If you become disabled for at least 3 months during the membership term and the disability is confirmed in writing by a physician, you are entitled to an extension of the monthly membership plan. Since we are exempt from the bonding requirement, we cannot collect payments during a member’s disability extension so that we are not holding more than three months' payment in advance.
Terms and Conditions
In consideration of the services of KenZen-Do Karate and Foxhall Wellness Center, including, but not limited to its agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, affiliates, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on its behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “The Center”), I hereby acknowledge and agree to irrevocably release and waive, indemnify, and discharge The Center of any and all past, present, or future claims on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives/agents, and estate as follows:
1. I fully understand that under the terms of this agreement, KenZen-Do Karate & Foxhall
Wellness obligates itself to provide me with competent instruction and location for all lessons.
Qualified personnel will supervise all class sessions. The student/parent of the student in the
case of a minor, hereby represents that the person taking the Masters of Motion classes is/are
physically fit to take these classes.
2. I understand and agree that the facility will not be held liable for injuries, damages, etc.,
not cause by or resulting from the negligence of the owners, operators, employees, volunteers
and/or persons in charge of the facility. I expressly acknowledge, agree, and promise to accept and
assume all risks in this activity. My participation is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate
despite the risks, known or unknown.
3. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer
while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further
certify that I have no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with my safety. Otherwise, I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
4. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that The Center may, in its sole discretion, bar my
participation in classes or require my removal from its facilities to prevent injury or
inconvenience to myself and others.
5. If I file a lawsuit against The Center, I agree to do so solely in the state of Maryland, and
I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to
the conflict of law rules of that state.
6. I understand that this contract will automatically renew each month, on the payment date
listed above, under tuition agreement. KenZen-Do Karate & Foxhall Wellness must receive 30 days
written notice should I wish to cancel this agreement, upon completion of the initial 90-day
commitment. Notice must be sent via mail to our mailing address, listed below or via email to
7. Be advised that, for their own safety, students should arrive no less than ten (10) minutes
prior to the beginning of class and must be picked up no later than ten (10) minutes after class
has ended. All students must be dropped off in the drop-off area on the side of our building. No
student shall enter the building through the main entrance of the building. This will be further
explained at your first class in the center.
8. I understand that the monthly tuition includes two (2) classes per week, per student at the
scheduled time for each student’s age level. I understand that monthly tuition is not affected by
the lesson schedule and/or attendance of the student. I understand that failure to complete my
lessons does not relieve me of my financial obligation under this contract. Any account more than
ten (10) days past due will be charged a late fee of $25.00. All late fees and/or bank fees will be
added to the monthly balance. Any credit card
e assessed a fee of $50.00. KenZen-Do Karate & Foxhall Wellness are not responsible
for any fees incurred by the buyer.
1. I acknowledge that I understand that yoga includes physical movements and an opportunity for relaxation, stress re-education, and relief of muscular tension. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury to me, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. If I experience any pain or discomfort, I will listen to my body, adjust my posture, and, if necessary, ask for support from the teacher or staff. I will continue to breathe smoothly.
2. I agree that yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions. I affirm that I alone am responsible for deciding whether to practice yoga.
3. I expressly acknowledge, agree, and promise to accept and assume all risks in this activity. My participation in yoga is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate despite the risks, known or unknown.
4. Should The Center or anyone acting on its behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and other costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold The Center harmless for all such fees and expenses.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with my safety in yoga. Otherwise, I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that The Center may, in its sole discretion, bar my participation in yoga or require my removal from its facilities to prevent injury or inconvenience to myself and others.
7. If I file a lawsuit against The Center, I agree to do so solely in the state of Maryland, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
COVID-19 Waiver and Required Regulations:
The Center is taking all cautionary measures to prevent the spread of the CoVid-19 virus. However, you are taking inherent risks of contracting CoVid-19. By the facilities at The Center, you must adhere to all physical distancing masking measures required and set forth below.
- The Center strongly discourages the use of the facility for persons who are in at-risk categories.
- I agree to hold The Center harmless in the event that I am exposed to or contract CoVid-19.
- This applies during the duration of the CoVid-19 mandates.
By accepting the terms of agreement listed below at checkout, I acknowledge that I have read and understood this release and waiver of liability and indemnity. I agree to be bound by its terms.